PROVIDE CONGRESSIONAL OVERSIGHT
PROMOTE VOTING RIGHTS
The importance of electing a branch of Congress that is for the people is on full display.
Just this week the House:
- Protected our democracy by questioning Michael Cohen in its Oversight Committee
- Passed not one, but two bills to prevent gun violence
- Passed a resolution rejecting Trump’s (fake) national emergency
We need Congress to continue on this path. All members of Congress, especially Trump’s GOP cult, must push past partisan politics to provide meaningful oversight of this administration and stop trying to hold onto power with policies that hurt WE THE PEOPLE.
Congress must do more. NOW! We want them to:
- Hold meaningful oversight hearings in their committees.
- Pass the For the People Act (HR1), an anti-corruption, voting rights protecting, pro-democracy bill that will help restore our faith in government.
As House Oversight Committee Chairman Cummings said:
“In 2019 what did we do to make sure we kept our democracy intact? Did we stand on the sidelines and say nothing?”
Don’t stand on the sidelines. Call your Member of Congress today.
Protect Our Democracy!
Expand Voting Rights!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR SENATORS WYDEN AND MERKLEY: “My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [town/city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to . . .
. . . ask the Senator to stand up for our country and:
- Persuade his Republican colleagues to look past partisanship and provide real oversight of this administration.
- Persuade his Republican colleagues to join you in revoking Trump’s National Emergency.
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WALDEN: My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [town/city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to . . .
. . . ask Greg Walden to FINALLY stand up for our country by:
- Looking past pure partisanship to provide rigorous oversight over this administration;
- Voting YES on the For the People Act (HR1).
COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
**ACTION THREE: BE AN ACTIVIST**
Visit the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar on a regular basis to keep updated on our local activities. Participate with us as often as you can. Check out the following:
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Strategies and Stories from the German Climate Justice Movement – Grants Pass
March 5 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Central American Newcomers: Who, Why and Now – Medford
March 16 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
ORD2 Indivisible Teach & Greet: Can Oregon Lead by Example? – Talent
March 17 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Take Action in Salem to Stop Jordan Cove LNG – Salem
March 28 @ 9:30 am – 4:30 pm REGISTRATION IS DUE BY MARCH 15
SUBMIT EVENTS TO BE ADDED TO THE ORD2 INDIVISIBLE EVENT CALENDAR
Help us keep current with our event postings. https://ord2indivisible.org/submit-your-event/