CONGRESS: PASS HUMANITARIAN AID.
THEN DEMAND AN IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY
Congress is passing supplemental DHS funding to aid children in concentration camps at the border. Recent developments:
- The House passed a $4.5b bill that tightens protections for children and prohibits any new money for ICE investigations or DoD involvement
- The $4.59b passed by the Senate gives DoD $145 million for border security
- The House will have to vote on the Senate bill
- Congress recesses July 1. The House doesn’t come back till July 15; Senate July 5
- Trump may veto anything he doesn’t like.
The DHS already has plenty of money. It just chooses to spend it on illegal/inhumane anti-immigrant actions. Any new funding should be restricted to humanitarian aid. No extra money for ICE raids or border security.
Fund Humanitarian Aid For the Border NOW!
Immigration is an impeachment issue. Recent developments:
- Trump is still separating children at the border under questionable claims
- The American Bar Association just called conditions at migrant child detention centers inhumane and illegal
- The Oregon Jewish Museum and Center for Holocaust Education has called the centers concentration camps and has joined a lawsuit against Trump’s child separation policies
We need an impeachment inquiry into Trump’s illegal and inhumane treatment of immigrants.
Impeachment Inquiry NOW!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR SENATORS WYDEN AND MERKLEY:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [town/city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because . . .
. . . I have two requests for the Senator:
- Eliminate funding for border security activities and ICE investigations in any final DHS supplemental bill. The DHS has plenty of money and no political will to take care of children at the border. Any new funding must be highly targeted and come with strong oversight
- Please call for an immediate impeachment inquiry. Trump’s treatment of immigrants is an illegal, impeachable offense
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WALDEN:
. . . I have two requests for Greg Walden:
- Eliminate funding for border security activities and ICE investigations as part of any final DHS supplemental bill. The DHS has plenty of money and no political will to take care of children at the border. Any new funding must be highly targeted and come with strong oversight.
- Please call for an immediate impeachment inquiry. Trump’s treatment of immigrants is an illegal, impeachable offense.
Through Greg’s actions and inactions—his silence has been deafening—he appears to fully support Trump, regardless of how much damage Trump is doing to our democracy and to world stability. Know that we are still here, that we will be working to flip his seat BLUE — #2020StartsNow!
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
**ACTION THREE: BE AN ACTIVIST**
Visit the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar on a regular basis to keep updated on our local activities. Participate with us as often as you can.
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Greg Walden Town Hall Meeting – Grants Pass
June 28 @ 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Greg Walden Town Hall Meeting – Eagle Point
June 28 @ 11:00 am – 12:30 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Ranked Choice Voting Information Session – Ashland
July 4th Parade Singing and Marching Rehearsal – Ashland
June 30 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Emerge Oregon Southern Region Recruitment Event – Talent
June 30 @ 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Events: Greg Walden Town Hall Meetings – Mt. Vernon, Mitchell, Powell Butte
July 2 @ 8:30 am
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Events: Greg Walden Town Hall Meeting – Cascade Locks
July 3 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Lights for Liberty: A Candlelight Vigil to End Human Detention Camps – Ashland
Letters to the Editor Writing Session – Medford
July 19 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
SUBMIT EVENTS TO BE ADDED TO THE ORD2 INDIVISIBLE EVENT CALENDAR
ORD2 Indivisible 2020 Fundraising Campaign
As we approach what will be the most important election of our lifetimes, ORD2 Indivisible wants to be in a secure financial position to help engage as many voters in our district in the election process as possible. To accomplish this goal we are conducting the ORD2 Indivisible 2020 fundraising campaign.
The next 20 people who donate $20 (or more) will receive a prize!
Please make an online donation by clicking on the 2020 image below:
To make a donation by check, please make the check payable to ORD2 Indivisible and mail to:
P.O. Box 1242, Phoenix, OR 97535
What’s in the Senate bill:
Trump is still separating children at the border:
ABA condemns child migrant treatment:
DOJ lawyer tries to argue that sleep, soap and toothbrushes aren’t part of safe and sanitary conditions: https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1142151178177978368/video/1
Oregon Jewish Museum and Holocaust Education Center in lawsuit: http://www.ojmche.org/app-news/lawsuit-against-policy-of-separating-parents-and-children-at-border