DEFEND DEMOCRACY: CALL CONGRESS AND GET READY FOR MIDTERMS
This week we called our MoCs to:
• Stop a Sinclair-Tribune merger which would politicize local news
• Oppose the nominations of Mike Pompeo (Secretary of State), Gina Haspel (CIA Director) and Dr. Ronny Jackson (VA Administrator)
• Oppose Trump’s war on immigrants
• Protect our elections
• Require congressional approval for any military strike in Syria
• Prevent Trump from interfering with the Russia investigation
These calls help defend our democracy and highlight what we’ll be demanding from candidates running in the midterm elections.
It is especially important that our voices be heard at this critical moment — when Trump is trying to divert attention from the constitutional crisis he’s created with his threats to shut down Mueller’s investigation by launching a reckless missile strike against Syria without necessary congressional authorization. We must demand that our members of Congress hear what their constituents want and respond to our concerns.
So, if you didn’t call your members of Congress every day this week, take a moment out of your busy life and do so now. Pick one of our Daily Actions (sample scripts can be found in each of our past CTAs) and make a call.