KEEP TRUMPCARE DEAD
We are heading into the Congressional recess with Trumpcare dead – and we need to keep it that way.
The current state of Trumpcare and the ACA:
• Republicans are discussing another secret bill (Graham-Cassidy bill) which is like all the others: millions will lose healthcare, Medicaid will be slashed and cost sharing reduction (CSR) payments will be cut http://nym.ag/2w9CF4n
• The White House is openly sabotaging the ACA: threatening to withhold CRS payments, canceling help centers in 18 cities and funding anti-ACA ads http://bit.ly/2gQHNH2
• Senate committees have scheduled bipartisan hearings http://bit.ly/2vl7xkj, http://bit.ly/2hqsipf
• A bipartisan House working group released a plan to help the ACA http://bit.ly/2weqja7
We can keep Trumpcare from coming back by:
• Urging Senators Merkley and Wyden to continue the fight to stop Trumpcare. Ask them how they plan to fix the ACA and stop the sabotage.
• Thanking our senators and the others that voted to save the ACA: Senators Collins, Murkowski and McCain. We need them to stay strong and not change their minds
• Supporting bipartisan efforts to fix the ACA
We cannot let down our guard. Keep Trumpcare dead!
**ACTION 1: WHENEVER POSSIBLE, GO TO A TOWN HALL AND ASK OUR MoCS TO PROTECT THE ACA**
Find a list of town halls here: http://bit.ly/IO_Events
SAMPLE TOWN HALL SCRIPT for Senator Merkley and Senator Wyden:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon. Thank you for your persistent efforts to save the ACA. How are you working to fix the ACA and to protect it from being sabotaged by the Trump administration?”
SAMPLE SCRIPT for Walden
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon, zipcode [–]. I am disappointed by your role in Trumpcare. Instead of trying to take healthcare away from us, wouldn’t it be more productive if you were to work to fix the ACA and to protect it from being sabotaged by the Trump administration? So, how would you go about doing this?
If you can’t get to a town hall, please call Senator Merkley, Senator Wyden and Congressman Walden and ask for a response to the same questions.
**ACTION 2: WRITE A POST CARD TO SENATORS COLLINS, MURKOWSKI AND MCCAIN**
These Senators stood up against enormous pressure and we need them to stay strong. The GOP is still working to try to change their minds and get them to accept the Graham-Cassidy bill. Please send them a postcard of thanks and ask them to keep pushing for bipartisan efforts to improve the ACA.
Senator Lisa Murkowski
101 12th Ave #329
Fairbanks, AK 99701
Senator Susan Collins
202 Harlow St.
Bangor, ME 04401
Senator John McCain
2201 East Camelback Road, Suite 115
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
Letters To The Editor Workshop
August 8 @ 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Pam Marsh Health Care Town Hall (Non-ORD2 Sponsored Event)
August 13 @ 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Social Hour, Common Block Brewing Company, Medford
August 16 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Rock the Resistance Fundraiser!
September 8 @ 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm