DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 35
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 55
STOP ATTACKING HEALTHCARE
Healthcare is a human right and should not be partisan. Yet Democrats have five plans to expand healthcare while Trump and his GOP launch constant attacks:
- Sabotaging and trying to repeal the ACA repeatedly, resulting in fewer people with insurance and many with higher premiums.
- Proposing a $500 billion cut to Medicare to pay for the $1.5 trillion tax cut for corporations.
- Instituting Medicaid work requirements resulting in thousands losing their healthcare.
- Suing to declare the ACA and coverage of preexisting conditions unconstitutional.
- Proposing a bill purported to cover preexisting conditions that would allow insurance companies to deny coverage based on preexisting conditions.
In addition, Brett Kavanaugh represents a threat to our health. During his confirmation hearings, Kavanaugh refused to provide assurances that he would uphold the requirement that insurance companies must cover preexisting conditions. His appointment would put women’s health at risk – demonstrated by his erroneous statement that birth control is abortion-inducing and his e-mails indicating he doesn’t really believe Roe is settled law.
We deserve a government with a Supreme Court that fights for our health and defends our healthcare system.
Protect and expand healthcare!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR SENATORS MERKLEY AND WYDEN:
SENATOR RON WYDEN
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because I am outraged by the Trump regime’s constant attacks on the ACA, and particularly by Greg Walden’s leadership role in these violations of our healthcare rights. I continue to demand that Mr. Walden put people before party, do the right thing, and act to protect our healthcare by, for example, stopping any cuts in the upcoming budget. Thank you for telling him what I think.”
COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN
**ACTION THREE: WORK TO STOP KAVANAUGH AND TURN CONGRESS BLUE**
Visit the Event Calendar on the ORD2 Indivisible Website on a regular basis to learn about upcoming events. Share these events with family, friends and neighbors.
Submit events taking place throughout Oregon Congressional District 2 to be included in the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar:
Visit Jamie McLeod-Skinner’s website to learn more and keep up to date:
Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote: iwillvote.com
Help take back the Senate and adopt a vulnerable blue senator in a red state. Do something every month to help their election. roadto2018.com
Make a plan for the last weekend of midterms: thelastweekend.org
Check out this new resource from Pod Save America: Vote Save America https://votesaveamerica.com/
This election is the most important of our lives!
VOTE and GOTV!
- Democrats have 5 plans to expand healthcare
- Efforts to undermine the ACA
- House GOP 2019 budget calls for deep cuts to Medicare, Medicaid
- Thousands at risk of losing Medicaid
- Healthcare isn’t a game. The Texas ACA lawsuit could be catastrophic for public health
- Senate GOP Preexisting provisions won’t help anyone.
- Kavanaugh and the ACA
- Kavanaugh testimony on ACA
Kavanaugh calls birth control abortion inducing drugs
- Leaked emails shows Kavanaugh questions if Roe was settled law