DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 64
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 84
SAVE VOTING RIGHTS
STOP BRETT KAVANAUGH
Voting is a sacred act. Free and fair elections are the bedrock of democracy. The 2018 elections are the most important in our lives with forces working to interfere in the voting.
Our votes are being attacked by Russia. The intelligence community has warned “the digital infrastructure that serves this country [US] is literally under attack” with “Russia continuing their efforts to undermine our democracy.” Senator McCaskill’s server has already been attacked.
Our votes are being undermined at home through voter suppression, vote purging, and gerrymandering. The 2016 elections, first since the Voting Rights Act was overturned, saw 863 less polling stations. Election technology can be hacked by an 11-year-old.
Our votes will be harder to cast if Brett Kavanaugh is confirmed to the Supreme Court. He upheld South Carolina voter ID laws, referencing voter fraud (myth) when the Obama Administration cited a Voting Rights Act violation.
Our Senators are working hard to protect our votes. They have introduced the Protecting American Votes and Elections Act (PAVE Act) and are working to stop Kavanaugh’s conformation. Thank our Senators and urge them on. Make sure your friends and family are calling THEIR Senators!
Pass the PAVE Act!
Stop Kavanaugh’s Conformation!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. Brett Kavanaugh threatens almost every value I hold dear including voting rights. I am calling to thank the Senator for strongly speaking out against this nomination. I ask that the PAVE Act be passed immediately and that he makes sure Kavanaugh’s entire record is reviewed while doing all he can to stop Kavanaugh from being confirmed. Thank you.”
SENATOR RON WYDEN
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WALDEN:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am very concerned about our election security and the 2018 midterms. Mr. Walden must wake up to Russian attacks on our democracy, put COUNTRY BEFORE POTUS AND PARTY, and work to immediately pass the House version of the PAVE Act. Thank you.”
COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
**ACTION THREE: SAVE VOTING RIGHTS AND KEEP WORKING TOWARD THE MIDTERMS**
To save voting rights, we need to:
- Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote: iwillvote.com
- #SaveSCOTUS: Help take back the Senate and adopt a vulnerable blue senator in a red state. Bring to their attention Red State Democrats Have No Good Reason to Vote for Brett Kavanaugh. Do something every month to help their election. roadto2018.com
- Do what you can to support Jamie McLeod-Skinner as she continues with her campaign to replace Walden in Oregon District 2’s seat in the U.S. House of Representatives! https://jamiefororegon.com/
- Make a plan for the last weekend of midterms: thelastweekend.org
- Warning Lights Are Blinking Red: It Is Time to Secure Our Elections from Ongoing Russian Attack
- We have the first documented case of Russian hacking in the 2018 election
- There Are 868 Fewer Places to Vote in 2016 Because the Supreme Court Gutted the Voting Rights Act
- An 11-Year-Old Changed The Results Of Florida’s Presidential Vote At A Hacker Convention. Discuss.
- Does Brett Kavanaugh Spell The End Of Voting Rights?
- On Voting Rights We Have Much To Lose With Brett Kavanaugh
- Debunking the Voter Fraud Myth
- Democrats introduce an election security bill that proposes paper trails and mandatory audits