DON’T FORGET THE KIDS IN CAGES
It is clear the administration’s policy of snatching children from parents seeking asylum was an impulsive act, with little concern for the psychological harm done to the children and no plan for eventual reunification.
There is no doubt that these IMMORAL ACTIONS, devised and supported by IMMORAL OFFICIALS would have continued to this day IF WE HAD NOT DEMANDED, NATIONWIDE, THAT THEY STOP!
Allegations are surfacing of the physical harm – including beatings – inflicted by officials on these children.
“Family separation” is part of Trump’s chaotic crusade to make America white again (a campaign which has the added benefit for Trump of setting Americans against each other). It is not limited to the border and Greg Walden is complicit:
- The US Army has been discharging immigrants who had enlisted because it promised a path to citizenship.
- The Trump regime announced it was creating a posse of investigators whose mission is to ferret out Americans who cheated to get citizenship (if there are any) and strip them of it.
Today, a federal judge will rule on the Trump regime’s request for more time to comply with a court order to reunite immigrant parents and their children. Our MoCs must make it clear this has to happen NOW!
Stand UP for the Thousands of Caged Children!
Stop the Mental and Physical Abuse NOW!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to ask the Senator to please remember—and remind the public—that thousands of children are still in cages, at risk of never seeing their parents again, due to the hateful and careless policies of the Trump regime. We cannot lose sight of these family’s fates. I ask the Senator to please stop this nightmare and to work to reunify these families immediately and end their detention. Thank you.”
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to ask that Greg Walden WAKE UP and remember that thousands of children are still in cages, at risk of never seeing their parents again, due to the hateful and careless policies of this administration. We cannot lose sight of these family’s fates. He can help stop this nightmare by putting People Before Party, working to immediately reunify these families and by ending their detention. Thank you.”
**ACTION THREE: REMEMBER FOR THE MIDTERMS**
It has become clear that we need a different Congress to protect our values and these families and children at the border.
- Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote.
- Join us in working to defeat the Trump-aligned US Congressman in Oregon District 2 who architected the ACA repeal, complicit Greg Walden, by volunteering with Team Jamie.
- Make sure every candidate for Congress is answering questions about how they will work to #KeepFamiliesTogether and #EndFamilyDetention.
The 2018 elections will be the most important of our lives.