***Today’s Call To Action***
Vote BLUE for Immigrants!
The heartless Trump administration’s has been attacking, for four long years, one of America’s pillars of strength — immigrants.
House Democrats have fought back, passing:
- American Dream and Promise Act: a pathway to citizenship for DACA and protection of temporary protected status holders
- Heroes Act: extends immigrants’ work permits and protection from deportation, grants undocumented immigrant families stimulus checks and health care benefits
- No Ban Act: vacates existing travel bans, prevents future ones
- Access to Counsel Act: affirms the right of detained immigrants to contact attorneys, limits detention length and requires the least restrictive settings
These, and a much-needed overhaul of our immigration system, are only possible if Dems gain control of the Senate and end the filibuster, and Biden wins the White House.
Biden’s agenda includes:
- Immediately certifying and creating a pathway to citizenship for DACA and TPS holders
- Putting a 100-day moratorium on deportations
- Within the first 100 days proposing legislation with a pathway to citizenship for 11 million undocumented immigrants
- Rescinding travel ban
- Reversing Trump’s other immigration policies
- Raising refugee cap in 2021 to 125,000
Get Out the BLUE Vote!
Justice for Immigrants!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR U.S. SENATORS**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR SENATOR MERKLEY AND WYDEN:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code].
I want to thank the Senator for fighting against Trump’s inhumane immigration agenda these last four years. It is imperative that we elect a Democratic Congress and President so we can:
- Get rid of the filibuster,
- Pass the American Dream and Promise Act, the No Ban Act, the Access to Counsel Act and the Heroes Act,
- Commit to the long-overdue overhaul of our immigration system.
In the meantime, please ask him to keep fighting for additional COVID relief, and to ensure that the election is not called until every vote is counted.
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WALDEN:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [town/city], Oregon [zip code].
Even though Greg Walden will only be in office for two more months, I still expect him to work to pass COVID relief for his constituents and to demand that the election is not called until every vote gets counted.
Greg sold us out on healthcare, the tax scam, big pharma, the internet and so much more. The least he can do at this point is to stand up to the most corrupt and inept president in modern history. Silence is consent. Silence is complicity.
**ACTION THREE: BE AN ACTIVIST**
October 30, 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Ongoing every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
#MyORHealth Support is available for Oregon’s “helpers”
Lines for Life has created a Virtual Wellness Room to offer support to helpers, mental health professionals, first responders, social workers and anyone considered an essential worker during the COVID-19 pandemic in Oregon. Each check-in call will have a facilitator to guide the conversation.
“We at Lines for Life want to thank you for all the work you do to keep our communities safe,” the organization said. “We are offering a place for helpers to exchange stories of hope and areas of need. We especially want to hear what things are coming up for you personally and explore how we can cheer one another on to continue the good work you are already doing. We ultimately want to create space to breathe out stress and breathe in hope.”
The meetings are held using Zoom conference calls from 12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at this link: https://zoom.us/j/4848426773. Please share this invite with anyone in your network of Oregon helpers.
November 4 @ 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
November 4 @ 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm
**Visit the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar on a regular basis to keep updated on local activities. Participate with us as often as you can. We also encourage you to submit events to be added to the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar and help us keep current with our event postings. https://ord2indivisible.org/submit-your-event/