This White House’s disregard for security and women have combined into a toxic brew this week.
Allowing a domestic abuser to work without full clearance, highlights how brazenly lax this White House is with national security:
• Rob Porter’s history of domestic violence resulted in “interim” clearance
• As staff secretary, Porter handled all information going to Trump – without proper clearance
• Dozens of White House staffers, including Jared Kushner, are in the same position – accessing sensitive information without proper clearance
• Completely aware of this, John Kelly is knowingly allowing dangerous security breaches
Protecting a domestic abuser is this White House’s latest attack on women. Senator Gillibrand details the damning evidence of how little this White House values women:
• Supports Ivanka’s family leave bill that borrows from future social security benefits, delaying retirement, disproportionally burdening low income workers
• Repealed rules to help close gender wage gap
• Restricted womens’ access to reproductive health
• Knowingly kept and supported Porter until exposed by the press
Congress must stop this White House’s damaging practices. They can start by: –Investigating this White House’s handling of security clearance –Passing the FAMILY Act to provide paid family and medical leave
Protect our National Security!
Stop the War on Women!
Where’s #Complicit Greg Walden!?!
**ACTION 1: Call #Complicit Greg Walden and our Senators**
SAMPLE SCRIPT :
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because I am appalled at how little regard this White House has for women’s lives and national security. The firing of Rob Porter – a domestic abuser without full security clearance highlights this. The [Senator/Congressman] can immediately show his support for women and national security by 1) supporting and passing the FAMILY Act, and 2) holding this White House responsible for its lax security practices with hearings and investigations. [Greg Walden, it’s high time you put people and country before party! To do otherwise screams to us your complicity with Trump’s reckless, misogynist behavior.] Thank you.”
https://ord2indivisible.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/image-3.jpeg7441240CTA Teamhttps://ord2indivisible.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ord2Logo-300x105.pngCTA Team2018-02-15 06:45:502018-02-15 06:45:50Call to Action: February 15, 2018