STOP THIS WHITE HOUSE TRAMPLING ON NATIONAL SECURITY AND WOMEN
This White House’s disregard for security and women have combined into a toxic brew this week.
Allowing a domestic abuser to work without full clearance, highlights how brazenly lax this White House is with national security:
• Rob Porter’s history of domestic violence resulted in “interim” clearance
• As staff secretary, Porter handled all information going to Trump – without proper clearance
• Dozens of White House staffers, including Jared Kushner, are in the same position – accessing sensitive information without proper clearance
• Completely aware of this, John Kelly is knowingly allowing dangerous security breaches
Protecting a domestic abuser is this White House’s latest attack on women. Senator Gillibrand details the damning evidence of how little this White House values women:
• Supports Ivanka’s family leave bill that borrows from future social security benefits, delaying retirement, disproportionally burdening low income workers
• Repealed rules to help close gender wage gap
• Restricted womens’ access to reproductive health
• Knowingly kept and supported Porter until exposed by the press
Congress must stop this White House’s damaging practices. They can start by:
–Investigating this White House’s handling of security clearance
–Passing the FAMILY Act to provide paid family and medical leave
Protect our National Security!
Stop the War on Women!
Where’s #Complicit Greg Walden!?!
**ACTION 1: Call #Complicit Greg Walden and our Senators**
SAMPLE SCRIPT :
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because I am appalled at how little regard this White House has for women’s lives and national security. The firing of Rob Porter – a domestic abuser without full security clearance highlights this. The [Senator/Congressman] can immediately show his support for women and national security by 1) supporting and passing the FAMILY Act, and 2) holding this White House responsible for its lax security practices with hearings and investigations. [Greg Walden, it’s high time you put people and country before party! To do otherwise screams to us your complicity with Trump’s reckless, misogynist behavior.] Thank you.”
#Complicit CONGRESSMAN GREG WALDEN
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
SENATOR RON WYDEN
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
It’s Time For Real Paid Family Leave In America
Trump Appears to Issue New Defense of Aide Accused of Domestic Abuse
Rob Porter is a National Security Scandal, Too
UPCOMING EVENTS REMINDER
U.S. Senator Ron Wyden – Rescheduled Jackson County Town Hall – Medford
Thursday, February 22 @ 1:30 p.m.
ORD2 Indivisible Social Hour (BOWLING!) – Medford
Tuesday, February 26 @ 5:30 p.m.
Remember to visit the Event Calendar on our website on a regular basis to keep updated regarding future meetings, rallies, protests and gatherings: https://ord2indivisible.org/calendar/
Help us get word out regarding upcoming events occurring throughout all of Oregon District 2. Click here to submit events to be considered for posting: https://ord2indivisible.org/submit-your-event/