Our weapons are our phones, which we will use to:
• call our blue Senators and ask them to use every Senate procedure in the bookto run out the clock—since this bill can only pass with 50 votes through September 30th.
• call constituents in swing states (AK, AZ, ME, OH, TN, OH) and help them call their Senators using Indivisible Guide’s Calling Tool.
We must work fast, because this bill is far worse than any of its previous iterations. It is especially hard on women and children:
• up to 13 million women could lose maternity care
• pregnancy will be a preexisting condition;insurers can charge women $17,000 more for coverage again
• cuts to Medicaid endanger half of all live births http://ampr.gs/2xsFgJG, http://bit.ly/2w4BhiX
If we can’t provide care for pregnancy and for children, what does that say about our society?
Grab your phone and call.
Constituents have the power to stop this bill.
It’s time to go all in!
**ACTION 1: CALL SENATORS WYDEN AND MERKLEY**
(or leave a voice mail after hours)
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon, [zip code]. I am OUTRAGED by the latest GOP ACA repeal bill—the Graham-Cassidy-Heller Amendment. You led the charge to stop prior repeal attempts. We are counting on you to save our healthcare again. Please withhold consent on all Senate business and do everything you can to keep this bill from coming to a vote before time has run out. Thank you.“
**ACTION 2: CALL SWING STATE CONSTITUENTS TO KILL THE BILL**
Using Indivisible Guide’s Calling Tool from the last healthcare fight, call constituents in swing states who likely attended the Women’s March and fight for progressive causes.
https://ord2indivisible.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/16_Dasja_Dolan.jpg9321400CTA Teamhttps://ord2indivisible.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/ord2Logo-300x105.pngCTA Team2017-09-21 06:48:282017-09-21 06:48:28Call to Action: September 21, 2017