FIGHT WITH YOUR PHONE – STOP THE LATEST ACA REPEAL
The latest ACA/Obamacare repeal bill, the Graham-Cassidy-Heller Amendment, is gaining steam and is only a few votes away from passing.
We must STOP this bill!
If we fail, families will be devastated and lives will be lost. Fortunately, there’s a lot we can do here in Oregon, as a blue state. Our weapons are our phones, which we will use to:
• call Senators Wyden and Merkley: ask them to use every Senate procedure in the book to run to out the clock. This bill can pass with only 50 votes through September 30th.
• call constituents in swing states (AK, AZ, ME, OH, TN, OH) and help them call their Senators using Indivisible Guide’s Calling Tool.
We must work fast, because this bill is far worse than any of its previous iterations:
• it takes care away from millions, making every problem in the healthcare system worse http://bit.ly/2f9tN7z
• it slashes money from states that accepted Medicaid expansion and gives it to states that didn’t. Thus, Oregon stands to lose billions of healthcare dollars http://read.bi/2jEyfAc
• it ends protection for preexisting conditions and makes the individual market unaffordable
Grab your phone and call.
Swing state constituents have the power to stop this bill.
Let’s do this!
**ACTION 1: CALL OUR SENATORS**
(leave a message if calling after hours)
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon, [zip code]. I am OUTRAGED by the latest GOP ACA repeal bill—the Graham-Cassidy-Heller Amendment. You led the charge to stop prior repeal attempts. We are counting on you to save our healthcare again. Please withhold consent on all Senate business and do everything you can to keep this bill from coming to a vote before time has run out. Thank you.”
**ACTION 2: Use Indivisible Guide’s Calling Tool to Call Swing States**
Call constituents in swing states who likely attended the Women’s March and fight for progressive causes using https://www.trumpcareten.org/calls-to-kill-trumpcare.
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691