CONGRESS MUST RESTRAIN A RECKLESS PRESIDENT
This has been an out-of-control week. Trump inspired white supremacist/Nazi violence in Charlottesville and threatened nuclear war with North Korea.
Trump endangers America by aligning with Nazis:
• His words incited white supremacist supporters to murder in Virginia. http://wapo.st/2wGsTXL; http://bit.ly/2uAXGDQ
• His White House advisors, Bannon, Miller, and Gorka push a white supremacist agenda http://theatln.tc/2w3TAbH.
• He cut programs that fight domestic terrorism from white supremacist groups http://reut.rs/2vthiwy
Trump’s outlandish global threats also put America at risk:
• Threatened North Korea with “fire and fury.” http://nbcnews.to/2vqXzfb
• Suggested that the US could take military action in Venezuela. http://bbc.in/2fCTzo7
Congress must stop the harm Trump’s words and actions are causing!
Our MoCs must DEMAND that:
• Bannon, Gorka and Miller be fired immediately
• Trump reverse his decision to cut funding for programs that combat white supremacy and de-radicalize neo-Nazis http://bit.ly/2fFLr6a
• Hearings on HR 669/S. 200, which require Congressional approval for a nuclear first strike (Wyden, Merkley, Blumenauer and DeFazio have cosponsored these bills) http://bit.ly/2wUO0oc, http://bit.ly/2uDTrLI
• The State department’s budget be kept intact so State can pursue diplomatic solutions. Trump has proposed cutting it 29% (https://bloom.bg/2fCaV4B)
Trump is violating America’s most sacred principles.
Congress must stand up for them!
**ACTION 1: CALL SENATORS MERKLEY AND WYDEN, AND CONGRESSMAN WALDEN**
If you can’t call during business hours, leave a voice mail! It all makes a difference!
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon, zip code [–]. The events of this past week—specifically the racist violence Trump inspired in Charlottesville and his threat of nuclear strikes on North Korea—are alarming and dangerous. Congress must exercise its constitutional powers to act as a check on this out-of-control presidency on all fronts. I’m asking the [Senator/Congressman] to DEMAND that Bannon, Gorka and Miller be fired immediately, and that Trump reverse his decision to cut funding for DHS programs fighting white supremacy. In addition, I would like the [Senator/congressman] to DEMAND hearings on HR 669/S. 200 to require Congressional approval for a nuclear first strike, and insist on a budget that ensures American diplomacy is fully staffed and funded. Thank you.”
**ACTION 2: IF YOU CAN, GO TO A TOWN HALL AND ASK OUR MOCS TO SUPPORT HR 669/S. 200, FULLY FUND ANTI-HATE EFFORTS, AND FULLY FUND DIPLOMACY**
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon, zip code [–]. The events of this past week—specifically the racist violence Trump inspired in Charlottesville and his threat of nuclear strikes on North Korea—are alarming and dangerous. Congress must step up and exercise its constitutional powers to act as a check on this out-of-control presidency. [For Wyden, Merkley, Blumenauer and DeFazio – I am thankful that you have endorsed HR 669/S. 200.]
To fight white supremacy: Will you demand Bannon, Gorka and Miller be fired immediately, and that Trump reverse his decision to cut funding for programs that combat white supremacy and de-radicalize neo-Nazis?
To prevent a nuclear war: Will you demand hearings on HR 669/S. 200, which require Congressional approval for a nuclear first strike, and push for its passage? Will you insist on a budget that ensures American diplomacy is fully staffed and funded?
**ACTION 3: SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY**
Share this post with friends and family. And help them to call and tell their MoCs to vote in favor of HR 669/S.200, to fully fund US diplomacy and to reject Trump’s white supremacist agenda.
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
Rally In Support Of Our Veterans (Non-ORD2 Sponsored Event)
August 15 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Social Hour, Common Block Brewing Company, Medford
August 16 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Rock the Resistance Fundraiser!
September 8 @ 7:30 pm – 11:30 pm
Tickets on sale now – click on this link for additional information:
Volunteers Needed! We are looking for some 40 volunteers to assist at the Rock the Resistance Fundraiser. Everyone who commits to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours to assist on September 8 will be eligible for a 50% discount on admission.
Wine donation request: Could you donate a bottle of wine, valued at $20 or more, to be raffled at our Rock the Resistance fundraiser? If you are able to volunteer or to donate wine, please send a private message to Teresa Safay. Thank you!