30 Days Until The House Turns BLUE!
STAND UP FOR OUR NEIGHBORS
NO MONEY FOR A WALL
Everyone deserves the chance to live life free from fear of persecution, with hope for a future. This administration is systematically taking this away from thousands of our neighbors who are fleeing horrendous conditions, seeking out America as a beacon of hope.
The Trump regime’s systematic racist policies of dehumanizing and criminalizing our neighbors continue:
- 14,000 children remain in internment camps, at risk for abuse from caretakers with incomplete background checks, unable to leave with family/friends
- Family separation started earlier than thought and continues despite orders to stop, while private companies make millions
- Military troops, with permission to use lethal force, remain at the border
These actions cause unnecessary, inhumane psychological trauma for victims already fleeing a nightmare. Greg Walden continues to support these crimes against humanity with his silence.
Trump is demanding $5 billion for his wall and has threatened a government shutdown if he doesn’t get it. Our members of Congress must make it clear that ZERO DOLLARS will go to the wall and no funding increase for ICE. Instead, they should work to pass legislation, such as the Families Not Facilities and REUNITE acts.
Make America AMERICA Again,
Indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for ALL!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WYDEN AND MERKLEY:
“My name is [Name]. I am a constituent and I and live in [town/city], ZIP code [number]. I am calling because I am outraged by the humanitarian crisis at the border and the inhumane way this administration is treating our neighbors. Please ask the Senator to demand that zero dollars go to funding the wall and that no additional money goes for border patrol agents. I also want to thank him for co-sponsoring the REUNITE Act and the Families Not Facilities Act. I hope to see these passed soon. Thank you.”
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
“My name is [Name]. I am a constituent and I and live in [town/city], ZIP code [number]. I am calling because I am outraged by the humanitarian crisis at the border and the inhumane way this administration is treating our neighbors. I ask that Greg Walden step to the right side of history, renounce the Trump regime’s crimes against humanity and demand that zero dollars go to funding the wall and that no additional money goes for border patrol agents. And when the new Congress starts, will he support hearings on all these topics, or will he remain complicit with Trump’s inhumane policies? We must document what is happening and then work to make sure it never happens again.”
COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
**ACTION THREE: MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL**
Oppose anti-immigrant rules to limit immigrants’ access to safety net programs. File a comment in OPPOSITION to limiting immigrants’ access to SNAP and MEDICAID.
**ACTION FOUR: SAVE THE DATE! DECEMBER 13**
Make plans to attend the ORD2 Indivisible Holiday Gathering, Potluck & Non-perishable Food Drive. Join us for a fun-filled event on Thursday, December 13 from 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at Paschal Winery, 1122 Suncrest Road in Talent.
- More Than 140,000 Migrant Children are in US Custody, An All Time High
- Trump Administration Waived Strict Background Checks For Staff at Migrant Child Detention Camp
- He Built An Empire, With Detained Migrant Children As Bricks
- The Chaos of Donald Trump’s Family Separation at the Border
- Family Separation Really Never Ended
- DHS asked Pentagon to Extend Military’s Mexico Border Deployment
- Trump Says Troops On US Border Can Use Lethal Force
- Trump Threatens Government Shutdown Over Wall
- Families Not Facilities Act
- REUNITE Act