OUR CALLS WORK. KEEP CALLING FOR DREAMERS
Our calls work. The latest spending bill funds programs on which we have been calling for weeks:
• Community health centers funded for 2 years
• CHIP funded for 4 additional years
• Disaster relief funded $90 billion
• funding for the 2020 census
Our calls work. Senate Dems shut down the government and extracted a commitment from Mitch McConnell to move immigration legislation forward. McConnell scheduled a vote tomorrow to begin the process.
But DREAMers have no relief. We have more calls to make.
• Paul Ryan has NOT committed to move immigration legislation forward. He cites the Hastert Rule requiring a majority of the ruling party must agree before legislation can be considered. Despite DREAMers’ bipartisan support in Congress and the country, they are held hostage to views of largely white male racists House Republicans
• Success in the Senate is far from guaranteed. McConnell has promised open amendments, but largely white male racist elements in the Senate will use DREAMers as bargaining chips to add harsh anti-immigration language to the final bill.
Keep the pressure on for a clean DREAM Act!
Make the GOP repudiate racism and negotiate in good faith!
Stand Indivisible with DREAMers!
**ACTION 1: Call #Complict Greg Walden and our Senators**
(Leave a message if you can’t get through.)
SAMPLE for Congressman Walden:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am very concerned about the fate of the DREAMers. These young adults need relief now. I demand that Greg Walden put people before party and doners to do all he can to pressure Speaker Ryan to put a clean DREAM Act to a vote. Mitch McConnell is moving forward on legislation in the Senate. Greg Walden and Paul Ryan must do the same in the House. Thank you.”
SAMPLE for Senators Merkley and Walden:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am very concerned about the fate of the DREAMers. These young adults need relief now but I’m worried the process starting tomorrow in the Senate will be hijacked by racist elements. I ask the Senator do all he can to bring a clean DREAM act for a vote in the Senate. Thank you”
**ACTION 2: CALL, TEXT, AND EMAIL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO DO THE SAME. “SHARE” OR COPY / PASTE THIS ACTION!**
CONGRESSMAN WALDEN is #Complicit with racist GOP actions!
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
Where do you stand?
All Sides Claim Budget Win; Immigration Fight Looks Tougher