Republicans will stop at nothing to pass Trumpcare/AHCA. Senate Democrats are holding the floor TONIGHT http://bit.ly/2tDhIga to block them because Trumpcare hurts America. Especially those on Medicaid.
Trumpcare will end Medicaid as we know it. It destroys a 52-year Federal Government pact to provide a medical safety net.
Currently Medicaid provides coverage for http://bit.ly/2mcSfrh:
• our most vulnerable patients– children, disabled, elderly, working poor
• 1 in 3 births
• fills funding gaps for 1 in 6 Medicare recipients
• provides long term care coverage for 6 in 10 nursing home patients
Under Trumpcare/AHCA, the federal government will http://bit.ly/2n8nZRs:
• drastically cut its share of Medicaid funding
• no longer provide guaranteed Medicaid funding to States but provide funds per capita – a limited set sum. Increases in population or illness rates will force states to cut coverage
• end the ACA Medicaid expansion
• make re-enrollment after an interruption of coverage nearly impossible
Senators Wyden and Merkley have spoken out against Trump’s drastic Medicaid cuts. http://bit.ly/2ti3WQE, http://bit.ly/2rbw1Z9.
We appreciate Senate Democrats holding the floor. They also must withhold consent and filibuster by amendment (http://bit.ly/2tezmao) because the GOP may force a vote on Trumpcare THIS WEEK.
Now is our chance to STOP Trumpcare!
**ACTION 1: CALL SENATORS WYDEN AND MERKLEY**
IF SENATORS GET ENOUGH CALLS THEY WILL ENACT THESE TACTICS
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon. I want to thank Senator [–] for standing up against Trumpcare. I am especially concerned about drastic proposed cuts to Medicaid. We cannot abandon our most vulnerable patients. I am asking the Senator to withhold consent and filibuster by amendment to stop Trumpcare.“
**ACTION 2: SHARE YOUR MEDICAID STORIES**
With Senator Merkley http://bit.ly/2mTMX5P
With Senator Wyden: http://bit.ly/2rkMcTY
With the White House: http://bit.ly/2nhCany
With the Senate Finance Committee:
**ACTION 3: CALL FRIENDS AND FAMILY IN OTHER STATES**
Urge them to call and ask their Senators to promise to protect Medicaid and to share their Medicaid stories.
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691