CONGRESS MUST ACT TO SAVE US
Our lives and our democracy are under attack. Congress must act to save us.
Our lives are under attack:
- Mass shootings capture headlines while 100 die daily in gun violence, disproportionately affecting people of color
- Trump’s racist words and deeds incite white supremacy domestic terrorism that has all of us, especially immigrant communities, under siege
- This president and his GOP refuse to support gun violence prevention legislation and eliminated funding to investigate white supremacy domestic terrorism
Our democracy is under attack:
Trump and his GOP are turning our country into a fascist state:
- Trump commits impeachable offenses, perpetuates crimes with the illegal treatment of our neighbors at the border
- Trump’s administration strips people of their citizenship, builds walls, punishes those who oppose them
- Mitch McConnell politicizes our Supreme court, refuses to protect our elections
Most of our MoCs are standing up for our lives and democracy. But they need to be given the chance to act. They must call for an end to the recess so that:
- The House can start an impeachment inquiry and investigate white supremacy domestic terrorism
- The Senate can pass gun violence prevention and election security legislation that passed the Democratic-led House
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR SENATORS MERKLEY AND WYDEN:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [town/city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because . . .
. . . I am very concerned about white supremacy, domestic terrorism and the state of our democracy. I ask the Senator to:
- Keep calling for an end to the recess
- Do all he can to get HR 8, HR 1112, and the SAFE Act* passed
- Keep publicly supporting an impeachment inquiry
*HR 8 – closes the background check loophole on gun sales; HR 1112 – closes the Charleston loophole on gun sales; SAFE Act – Securing American’s Federal Elections Act
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
SAMPLE SCRIPT FOR WALDEN:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [town/city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because. . .
. . . I am very concerned about white supremacy domestic terrorism and the state of our democracy. I ask Greg Walden to:
- Keep calling for the end of the recess
- Do all he can to make sure we have public impeachment hearings as soon as the recess is over
- Push the House to investigate white supremacy domestic terrorism
Through Greg Walden’s actions and inactions — sending prayers IS NOT ENOUGH! — he appears to fully support Trump, regardless of how much damage Trump is doing to our democracy and to world stability. Know that we are still here, we will hold him accountable, we are working to flip his seat BLUE — #2020IsNow!
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
**ACTION THREE: BE AN ACTIVIST**
Visit the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar on a regular basis to keep updated on our local activities. Participate with us as often as you can.
August 14 @ 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
SUBMIT EVENTS TO BE ADDED TO THE ORD2 INDIVISIBLE EVENT CALENDAR
ORD2 Indivisible 2020 Fundraising Campaign
As we approach what will be the most important election of our lifetimes, ORD2 Indivisible wants to be in a secure financial position to help engage as many voters in our district in the election process as possible. To accomplish this goal we are conducting the ORD2 Indivisible 2020 fundraising campaign.
The next 20 people who donate $20 (or more) will receive a prize!
Please make an online donation by clicking on the 2020 image below:
To make a donation by check, please make the check payable to ORD2 Indivisible and mail to:
P.O. Box 1242, Phoenix, OR 97535