PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION
PASS SOCIAL SECURITY REFORM
We have said repeatedly that Congress must:
- Stand up for democratic institutions
- Protect the constitution and revoke Trump’s (fake) national emergency
- Safeguard the public and make sure the Mueller report is issued in full and original form, minus redactions of sources and methods
At the same time, we must resist the tendency to focus only on crises. A symptom of authoritarianism is that people stop planning for the future because so much is out of their control.
Therefore, we are raising the issue of reforming Social Security.
- Social Security is under the Senate Finance Committee’s jurisdiction, where Senator Wyden is Ranking Member
- The House is considering the Social Security 2100 Act to expand and stabilize Social Security
We ask our Members of Congress to:
- Champion the Social Security 2100 Act.
- Stand up for the Constitution and revoke Trump’s (fake) national emergency.
- Do all they can to make the Mueller report public and support a subpoena of the Mueller report if necessary.
Protect Our Present and Our Future!
Please Make Your Calls!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
Sample script for Senators Wyden and Merkley:
“My name is [name]. I’m a constituent living in [town/city], [ZIP code]. I am calling to ask the Senator to do three things to protect our present and future:
- Push to revoke Trump’s (fake) national emergency in the Senate.
- Persuade Republicans to investigate illegal efforts to influence our elections.
- To champion the Social Security 2100 Act in the Senate.
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
Sample script for Greg Walden:
“My name is [name]. I’m a constituent living in [town/city], [ZIP code]. I am calling to demand that Greg Walden put people and the U.S. Constitution before the Republican party, and to do these three things to protect our present and future:
- Vote YES to revoke Trump’s (fake) national emergency.
- Do all he can to make the Mueller report public and support a subpoena of the report if necessary.
- To vote YES on the Social Security 2100 Act.
COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400
**ACTION THREE: BE AN ACTIVIST**
Visit the ORD2 Indivisible Event Calendar on a regular basis to keep updated on our local activities. Participate with us as often as you can. Check out the following:
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: SOCAN’s February Monthly Meeting: Bugged by Global Warming: Insects in a Changing Climate – Medford
TODAY: February 26 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Political Repression in the Era of Climate Crisis – Talent
February 27 @ 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Strategies and Stories from the German Climate Justice Movement – Grants Pass
March 5 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Central American Newcomers: Who, Why and Now – Medford
March 16 @ 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm
ORD2 Indivisible Teach & Greet: Can Oregon Lead by Example? – Talent
March 17 @ 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Non-ORD2 Indivisible Sponsored Event: Take Action in Salem to Stop Jordan Cove LNG – Salem
March 28 @ 9:30 am – 4:30 pm REGISTRATION IS DUE BY MARCH 15
SUBMIT EVENTS TO BE ADDED TO THE ORD2 INDIVISIBLE EVENT CALENDAR
Help us keep current with our event postings. https://ord2indivisible.org/submit-your-event/