DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 47
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 67
DEMAND AN END TO COUNTRY CLUB CRONYISM
The 4,229 Trump lies tallied through last month include his promise to improve the treatment of U.S. military veterans.
He loves to use military service members and veterans as props for his rallies and photo-ops. But he’s interested in them only to the extent they support his self-aggrandizement and the further enrichment of his friends and cronies.
Nothing makes this clearer than the existence of the recently unearthed “Mar-A-Lago Crowd.”
They are three wealthy buddies of Trump and members of his golf resort. None has ever served in the U.S. military or government. They have no experience or knowledge of the unique physical and mental health issues facing veterans.
Nor have they been elected, appointed or confirmed by the Senate to any office. They have:
- Acquired incredible influence and power within the Veterans Administration, with no transparency or accountability.
- Used their influence for their own personal and financial benefit.
- Forced out some VA officials, while protecting their own allies.
- Actively promoted privatization of the VA, sending private health care executives to advise the VA on outsourcing.
We can’t become numb to the corruption.
There are 67 days until the midterms.
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
“My name is [ ] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city] Oregon [zip code]. I am deeply concerned about the corruption and cronyism that is rampant in this regime, as highlighted by the influence of members of President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club on the Department of Veterans Affairs. I strongly urge the Senator to support calls for oversight hearings on their inappropriate influence and to work for productive policies to protect the VA and veterans. Thank you.”
SENATOR RON WYDEN
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
“My name is [ ] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city] Oregon [zip code]. I am deeply concerned about the corruption and cronyism that is rampant in this regime, as highlighted by the influence of members of President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club on the Department of Veterans Affairs. I strongly urge the Mr. Walden to support calls for oversight hearings on their inappropriate influence and to work for productive policies to protect the VA and veterans. He must put Country Before Party; it’s now or never! His silence screams complicity! Thank you.”
**ACTION THREE: ELECT A NEW CONGRESS**
- Attend the Jamie McLeod-Skinner / Greg Walden debate TONIGHT at the RCC/SOU Higher Education Center in Medford with moderator Craig Smullen of KOBI 5. Greg has been invited but will he show up? Will this be yet another case of “Where’s Walden?”
- Watch and share Jamie McLeod-Skinner’s video on YouTube:
- Visit Jamie’s website to learn more and keep up to date:
- Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote: iwillvote.com
- Help take back the Senate and adopt a vulnerable blue senator in a red state. Do something every month to help their election. roadto2018.com
- Make a plan for the last weekend of midterms: thelastweekend.org
- Check out this new resource from Pod Save America: Vote Save America https://votesaveamerica.com/