The last week of August will mark 500 days since Greg Walden has had a town hall anywhere in Oregon Congressional District 2. A lot of Indivisibles have gotten tired of his little secret meetings and have decided to do something about it.
If he won’t bring a town hall to us, we’ve decided to take one to him.
On the weekend of Aug. 24-26, please join us for what we hope is the first and last cross-district “Where’s Walden?” caravan.
Your ORD2 steering committee is working hard to finalize the details for next week’s caravan. We are in process of working with other Indivisible groups to confirm exact times and locations. But here is the schedule so far:
- 10 a.m. Gather with Rogue Indivisible at Riverside Park, 304 E. Park St., in Grants Pass, or with ORD2 at the left side of the Bi-Mart parking lot, 2280 Ashland Street at the south end of Ashland. Caravan leaves at 10:30.
- 11 a.m. Meet the Medford caravaners at the Medford Armory, 1701 S. Pacific Hwy. Caravan leaves at noon.
- 2 p.m. Arrive in Klamath Falls at the Pavilion area of Moore Park, 740 Lakeshore Dr. Caravan leaves at 3:30.
- 6 p.m. Arrive in Bend for a potluck hosted by Indivisible Bend at Moody Park, 2225 NE Daggett.
- Spend the night in Bend.
- *10 a.m. Meet for a “Where’s Walden?” Rally! *NOTE: Corrected location: “Walden’s Corner”, Bond and Greenwood. Caravan leaves at 11.
- 1:30 p.m. Arrive in The Dalles and meet Indivisible Columbia Gorge at The Dalles City Park, 707 Union St. Caravan leaves at 3:00.
- 4 p.m. We arrive at the Hood River. Meet at the Chamber of Commerce, 720 E. Port Marina, for a party and town hall outside Greg Walden’s office. We don’t know if he’ll be there, but Jamie McLeod-Skinner will!
- Spend the night in Hood River.
SUNDAY, we’ll gather for a little coffee and canvassing before we all head home.
You can drive or ride along for any or all of the route, or just meet us at one of the locations to help us tell Greg Walden that we’re tired of not having town halls, so we’re taking our questions and concerns to him.
Everyone will be responsible for their own gas, food and accommodations. Some Indivisibles have offered homestays. Others are looking for someone to ride with. (Anyone coming over from Baker City?) Dress up your car if you can. We’ll have t-shirts and “Where’s Walden?” signs available at every stop.
To learn more about available homestays or to make ride-along arrangements, either as a driver or a passenger, or if you have other questions, please send an e-mail to Teresa Safay at email@example.com or send her a private message via Facebook. Please let us know – soon! — if you plan to be part of the caravan, so our wonderful hosts can get a headcount.
Visit the Event Calendar on the ORD2 Indivisible website for additional details: https://ord2indivisible.org/calendar/
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 56
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 76
HE DOES NOT SHARE OUR VALUES
If there was ever any doubt about Trump’s illegitimacy, it was erased with Cohen’s guilty plea under oath asserting that Trump directed him to commit felonies to increase Trump’s election chances. A criminal pretender president simply cannot be allowed to nominate a Supreme Court justice.
Even before Cohen and Manafort joined the long list of convicted criminals associated with Trump, Trump’s SCOTUS nominee was not popular. Brett Kavanaugh is the least popular SCOTUS nominee in decades, down in the dumps with failed nominees Harriet Miers and Robert Bork. And for good reason.
Kavanaugh’s stance on key issues is out of step with Americans’ values. He:
- Opposes the ACA which 54% of Americans support
- Opposes Roe which 64% support
- Opposes making it easy to vote which 59% support
- Believes that the President has an extreme degree of executive power including self-pardon which 85% oppose
- Opposes environmental protections which 62% support
- Opposes the assault weapons ban and other reasonable gun safety laws which 80% support
The Senate must NOT confirm a SCOTUS Justice who doesn’t share our values, whose full record has been concealed, and who was nominated by an illegitimate, criminal president.
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to thank the Senator for his continued opposition to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. Please tell the Senator (i) to urge his Democratic colleagues on the Judiciary Committee to boycott the Kavanaugh hearings, (ii) to boycott any floor vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination, and (iii) withhold unanimous consent on Senate business unless all of Kavanaugh’s documents are produced and the Mueller investigation clears Trump. Thank you.”
SENATOR RON WYDEN
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN!**
Never miss a chance to call Greg Walden. Choose your biggest pet peeve, then let him know! Call. Email. Text. Tweet. Remind him we are still here—resisting, insisting, persisting. In other words, no rest for the sell-out who calls himself our Representative!