DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 85
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 105
REUNITE CHILDREN AND FAMILIES NOW
America is in a moral crisis. This racist administration, awash in white supremacy, is separating families and subjecting them to torture. These families and America will be scarred forever.
We must put an end to these crimes against humanity!
Reports abound documenting the deliberate, persistent abuse being perpetrated against these victims fleeing danger and seeking asylum.
- “Packed like sardines into cages”
- Forced to drink from toilets
- Denied showers and baths
- Given spoiled frozen food to eat
- Infants alone in immigration court
- Leaving a 2-year-old to change his/her own diaper
- Cursed at and kicked by guards
- Routinely strip searched
Many, including our own MoCs, have spoken out against these abuses while this administration marches toward the July 26th deadline to reunite almost 3000 children with no clear compliance plan. Trump’s regime—with the full support of GREG WALDEN—tore apart families without regard to reunification, deported at least 400 parents without their children, and have labeled hundreds of parents “ineligible.”
Our MoCs must:
- Pass the REUNITE Act to immediately reunite all families
- Stop legislation that will extend detainees time in detention
- Hold hearings and censure those directly and indirectly responsible for these abuses
These children and their families cannot help themselves.
Be their voices.
End the cruelty now!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because I am appalled by the inhumane and illegal treatment of children separated from their parents at our borders. I appreciate the Senator sponsoring the REUNITE Act. Please tell the Senator to (1) pass the REUNITE Act to immediately reunite all families, (2) stop any legislation that will overturn the Flores Agreement and extend time in detention, and (3) hold hearings and censure those inflicting abuse. Thank you.”
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
**ACTION TWO: CALL COMPLICIT GREG WALDEN**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling because I am appalled by the inhumane and illegal treatment of children separated from their parents at our borders. Please tell Greg Walden to put PEOPLE BEFORE PARTY and to (1) pass the REUNITE Act to immediately reunite all families, (2) stop any legislation that will overturn the Flores Agreement and extend time in detention, and (3) hold hearings and censure those inflicting abuse. Remind him that silence is complicity in these crimes against humanity. Thank you.”
It has become clear that we need a different Congress to protect human rights at the border and everywhere else.
- Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote.
- Join the ORD2 Indivisible team of volunteers. We Need You! Send an e-mail to email@example.com letting us know what you’d like to do or to learn more about our volunteer opportunities and needs.
- Make sure every candidate for Congress is answering questions about how they will work to protect our elections and democracy.
2018 is the most important election in our lifetimes.
- Packed in cages like sardines
- Forced to drink from toilets
- Denied baths and forced to eat spoiled frozen food
- Babies who cannot talk in immigration court
- Leaving 2 year olds to change their own diaper
- Cursed by guards
- Oregon Jail routinely strip searches immigrant detainees
- Senator Merkley visiting the border
- Senator Merkley Rolling Stone
- Intended family separation to be permanent
- The Government Has No Plans to Reunite Families
- Parents deported and deemed ineligible
- Senator Merkley’s REUNITE Act