OPPOSE TRUMP TAX SCAM NOW
Despite widespread public resistance, the Trump Tax Scam is rushing through the Senate at frenzied pace. The Finance Committee passed the bill on Tuesday. A full vote may come as early as Thursday—TOMORROW!
The Tax Scam advances three false narratives:
1) “Cuts will pay for themselves by creating economic growth.” => NOT TRUE
• No government report supports this claim.
• Companies won’t hire more workers or increase wages; instead, they will use tax cuts to buy back shares/increase dividends/retire debt/reward CEOs.
• Job-creating funds that are already available are going unused; there’s no reason to expect otherwise in future.
2) “The middle class is the primary beneficiary.” => NOT TRUE
• By 2027, over 55% of those earning $48,000 – $225,000 will pay higher taxes than they do currently.
• The Senate bill is even more of a bait-and-switch than House bill.
3) “The richest 1% will enjoy no net benefit under the GOP plan.” => DEFINITELY NOT TRUE
• Over $900 billion of cuts go directly to corporations
• The top 1% will get 61.8% of reduced taxes by 2027, while two thirds of middle-income Americans and half of all taxpayers will face tax hikes.
There is no tomorrow!
Trump’s Tax Scam must be stopped!
Kill the Bill!
**ACTION 1: CALL CONSTITUENTS IN SWING STATES (FROM HOME OR ANYWHERE)**
Call progressive constituents in critical swing states – Alaska, Arizona, Maine, and West Virginia – and urge them to call their Senators to vote NO on the Tax Scam.
The Indivisible Guide makes it easy with their calling tool: https://www.trumptaxscam.org/calls-to-kill-the-tax-scam/
Better yet: invite visiting family/friends to join you and make calls together! Count how many calls you can make and cheer each other on!
**ACTION 2: HAVE YOUR OWN CALLING PARTY**
Invite some friends over and call swing-state constituents together using the Indivisible calling tool:
https://www.trumptaxscam.org/calls-to-kill-the-tax-scam/ Or: challenge far flung friends/family on social media to make calls.
Everyone can set goals to call for a certain number of hours or everyone can call at the same time. Remember – NOW IS THE TIME! Don’t put this off. We need to do this for ourselves, our families and for future generations.
**ACTION 3: SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY**
Share this post with friends and family in every state. Every Senator is a target. These GOP senators have expressed concerns about the bill – Arizona (Flake and McCain), Maine (Collins), Alaska (Murkowski), Tennessee (Corker), Wisconsin (Johnson), Montana (Daines), Oklahoma (Lankford), Kansas (Moran), Indiana (Young). Help them call their Members of Congress.
**ACTION 4: CALL YOUR SENATORS **
(Leave a message if you can’t get through.)
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling about the Trump/GOP Tax Scam. I am completely opposed to this bill, as I know you are. Please slow down the process so that resistance can build. Thank you.”
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691