TAX PLAN IS A CON JOB ON THE MIDDLE CLASS
Sen Wyden calls the Trump Tax Plan “a con job on the middle class.” Sen. Merkley vows to “fight it at every turn.”
They’re fighting for us because the Trump Tax Scam will:
• slash $500 billion from Medicare and $1.5 trillion from Medicaid
• lower the wealthy’s taxes while increasing everyone else’s over time
• penalize people with more than one child
• drastically lower pre-tax retirement (401K) savings
• worst of all, decrease corporate tax revenue $2.6 trillion while increasing individual income tax revenue $470 billion –ultimately stalling the economy.
In Oregon, 18% of households would pay more taxes while half of the tax breaks go to 3,580 millionaires.
Republicans plan to vote by Thanksgiving. As with the ACA:
• there are no hearings before a quick mark-up
• deals will happen to secure votes
• the CBO score will come too late
• Republicans will vote without understanding the bill
We stopped the ACA repeal with loud and constant opposition.
Demand Congress return to normal order.
Stop this travesty of a tax plan!
**ACTION 1: CALL BOTH SENATORS and CONGRESSMAN WALDEN**
(Leave a message if you can’t get through.)
SAMPLE SCRIPT for Senators:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. The Trump Tax Scam is a con job. It is a massive give-away to the super-rich with nothing for the rest of us. My family and I rely on [our paychecks/our retirement income/the safety net]. The piddling tax breaks we would receive will not protect us if the economy contracts because of this travesty of a tax plan. [If you have a story, tell it here] Please use all Senate procedural tools to stop this tax plan. You helped save the ACA. We are counting on you again! Thanks for all you do.”
SAMPLE SCRIPT for Walden:
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. The Trump Tax Scam is a con job. It is a massive give-away to the super-rich with nothing for the rest of us. My family and I rely on [our paychecks/our retirement income/the safety net/a robust economy with a safety net]. The piddling tax breaks we would receive will not protect us if the economy contracts because of this travesty of a tax plan. [If you have a story, tell it here] Don’t give the super-rich tax cuts they don’t need. Put people ahead of party and vote against this plan. Thank you.”
**ACTION 2: SEND THIS TO YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY
• Post this on Facebook or other social media.
• Organize a calling team of like-minded friends to support one another through this campaign.
• Go to Indivisible’s national plan for opposing Trump Tax Scam and find more ways to make your voice heard. https://www.trumptaxscam.org/six-ways-the-trump-tax-scam-i…/
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
DC (202) 225-6730, Medford: (541) 776-4646,
Bend (541) 389-4408, La Grande (541) 624-2400