STOMP OUT TRUMPCARE
Over ONE MILLION Oregonians and many more millions of Americans stand to lose healthcare if the ACA is repealed. Oregon could also lose up to 42,000 jobs.
– The new Congressional Budget Office (CBO) analysis projects up to 14 million people will lose coverage within the FIRST YEAR and up to 24 million in the next decade.
– TrumpCare gives the richest Americans and corporations a $592 billion tax break (yes, that’s a “B” for “billion”), while eliminating . . .
Medicaid expansion and leaving low income Americans unable to afford healthcare.
– Since TrumpCare was introduced, AARP, American Medical Association, American Academy of Pediatrics, and many others have objected because it will harm too many people
– All Oregon MoCs (except Walden) object to TrumpCare! Convince Walden to do everything possible to protect the ACA and the Americans who rely on it. Consider calling/contacting our other Oregon representatives to thank them for their support!
Where’s Walden on Affordable Healthcare for Oregonians!
CALL TO ACTION #1: CALL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE GREG WALDEN
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon. I am calling to let Representative Walden know that I think the rushed approach to the AHCA is irresponsible. I want Representative Walden to preserve and improve the historic coverage and affordability gained through the ACA, instead of supporting the AHCA, Will he help slow the process to get the best possible result for my family, fellow Oregonians and all Americans?
(IF APPLICABLE: Also share a brief 1-2 sentence synopsis of how the ACA has helped you or a family member]
CALL TO ACTION #2: CALL OUR OTHER OREGON REPRESENTATIVES
SAMPLE SCRIPT for BONAMICI [D1], BLUMENAUER [D3], DEFAZIO [D4], SCHRADER [D5]
“My name is [–] and I’m a resident of [city], Oregon. I am calling to thank the Representative [–] for speaking out against the AHCA, I want to urge [—] to do everything he/she can to protect the gains made under the ACA. Will [—-] oppose any congressional action to repeal ACA?
CONGRESSMAN GREG WALDEN
Medford: (541) 776-4646
Bend: (541) 389-4408
La Grande: (541) 624-2400
DC: (202) 225-6730
CONGRESSWOMAN SUZANNE BONAMICI [D1]
DC: (202) 225-0855
OR District offices: http://bonamici.house.gov/office/oregon-office
CONGRESSMAN EARL BLUMENAUER [D3}
DC: (202) 225-4811
OR District offices: https://blumenauer.house.gov/contact/offices
CONGRESSMAN PETER DEFAZIO [D4]
OR District offices: http://defazio.house.gov/contact/offices
CONGRESSMAN KURT SCHRADER [D5]
DC: (202) 225-5711
OR District offices: http://schrader.house.gov/contact/officelocations.htm
- Sky Loos, Director of External Affairs, Planned Parenthood of Southwestern Oregon
- Cardiologist Dr. Jun-Yang Lou, MD, PhD
- Lauri Hoagland, FNP
We will also hand out post cards in preparation for: THE IDES OF TRUMP on March 15, 2017
Meet at the Old County Courthouse, 10 S. Oakdale, Medford at noon. Those interested in carpooling from Ashland, meet at the mailboxes by Shop n’ Cart, 2268 Ashland Street at 11:00 a.m.