DEMAND A LOOK AT TRUMPS TAXES, TIES TO FOREIGN GOVERNMENTS
After two failed efforts to unveil potential conflicts of interest,
it’s time that #CongressMustRequest
– Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr., House Ways and Means, has introduced another resolution of inquiry to force a look at Trump’s tax returns & finances that might influence policies.
– This legislative tool gets it to the floor, regardless of whether the relevant committees vote for that.
– A US tax code provision allows the House Way and Means, Senate Finance and Joint Taxation committees to request tax documents of any individual in a closed session and consider public release.
– The committee has 14 legislative days to schedule the bill for a ‘markup’ session (to debate & amend legislation), or it goes to the floor for a full vote.
– This process will unveil potential conflicts, & confirm what Trump may be hiding.
Representative Walden should join Earl Blumenauer and co-sponsor this Resolution of Inquiry!
CALL TO ACTION: CALL REPRESENTATIVE GREG WALDEN
“My name is [—] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon. Donald Trump’s continuing refusal to release his tax returns and other financial records is completely unacceptable, suggesting he has much to hide. I am calling to urge Representative Walden to co-sponsor H. Res 186 to release Trump’s tax returns!” (Good time to add your personal spin on ACA issues. See reminder at bottom of page.)
CONGRESSMAN GREG WALDEN
Medford: (541) 776-4646
Bend: (541) 389-4408
La Grande: (541) 624-2400
DC: (202) 225-6730
It is impossible to know the anticipated cost and fiscal impact of the ACA replacement bill without it being scored by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). Whenever you call Representative Walden for the next several days and weeks, please persist with this demand regarding the ACA replacement bill: