DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 69
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 89
PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT
Brett Kavanaugh is pro-industry, anti-regulation and profoundly dangerous. His lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court would facilitate Trump’s decimation of environmental protections. It would also virtually ensure a level of environmental damage that will last well beyond all of our lifetimes.
While on the U.S. Court of Appeals for D.C, he has consistently sided with the interests of industry polluters over the lives and health of people and the environment, arguing in various cases:
- For the right of a coal company to continue poisonous mountaintop-removal mining
- For eliminating the rule limiting air pollution that crosses state lines
- Against an EPA regulation phasing out hydrofluorocarbons, a greenhouse gas
- Against the EPA’s authority to regulate the dumping of chemical waste
- That environmental groups have no standing to challenge insufficient environmental regulation
- That industrial groups do have standing to oppose environmental standards—supporting logging companies who challenged the protection of critical owl habitats in three western states, including Oregon.
He’s argued against the authority of states, like Oregon, to protect our own land and people with pollution regulations higher than weak federal standards.
Tell our Senators that Kavanaugh’s record on environmental issues makes blocking this appointment imperative.
***ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS***
My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. Brett Kavanaugh has a clear history of support for corporate polluters. His presence on the Supreme Court would be a disaster for environmental protection and for any hope of progress on climate change. I am calling to thank the Senator for his continued opposition to Kavanaugh and to ask him to keep up his efforts to obtain all of his records and to defeat his nomination. Thank you.”
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
***ACTION TWO: WORK TO STOP KAVANAUGH AND REMEMBER THE MIDTERMS***
- Sign up for a calling shift to #SaveSCOTUS with Indivisible Guide. Call key voters in Arizona, Mississippi, Nevada, Tenessee and Texas and help them tell their Senators to vote No on Kavanaugh: https://www.indivisible.org/save-scotus/
- Help take back the Senate and adopt a vulnerable blue senator in a red state. Bring to their attention Red State Democrats Have No Good Reason to Vote for Brett Kavanaugh. Do something every month to help their election: roadto2018.com