PROTECT THE MIDTERMS FROM RUSSIA’S ATTACKS
After conspiring with Vladimir Putin, whose mission is the DESTRUCTION of America’s democracy, Trump returned to DC, facing withering criticism and spent the week clarifying his comments.
- After meeting with Putin, Trump again denied Russia attack the 2016 election. This ran against the US intelligence assessment and caused such uproar that he quickly said he misspoke in Helsinki.
- Then he said “no,” Russia is no longer targeting the US. But the Director of National Intelligence warned that Russia is constantly attacking us. So “no” was clarified too.
- Trump then boasted that no other president had been “tougher on Russia” than he has. Actually, Trump seems to be tough only on children, and thousands of them are still locked in cages.
By week’s end, news broke that he is inviting Putin to the White House. Maybe Putin will be welcomed by Trump’s $12 million military parade.
Trump, now president thanks to Russia, has earned the title of “Putin’s poodle.” And his GOP (Greg Walden votes with Trump 98% of time) – which benefits from Russia’s information warfare and voter suppression – refuses to increase funding for election security.
With the midterms approaching, presenting a chance to constrain Trump, it’s left to our MOCs to protect the elections.
Fair Elections are the Core of our Participatory Democracy!
**ACTION ONE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
It has become clear that we need a different Congress to protect our elections and democracy.
- Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote.
- Join ORD2 and Indivisible Oregon in working to defeat the Trump-aligned US Congressman in Oregon who architected the ACA repeal, Greg Walden, by volunteering to engage voters in Eastern Oregon.
- Make sure every candidate for Congress is answering questions about how they will work to protect our elections and democracy.
2018 is the most important election in our lifetimes.