STOP THE RUSH TO PASS THE TRUMP TAX SCAM
The GOP is in a rush to pass the Trump Tax Scam — The House passed it only 14 days after the bill was released, and the Senate is scheduled to vote after only 10. The GOP is worried that this deeply unpopular bill won’t pass if people learn more about it through a regular legislative process.
The news emerging about the GOP bill is not good:
– Numerous independent analyses and all 42 economists surveyed maintain that both bills substantially increase the national debt, regardless of the model used
– Only ONE of these economists thinks the tax bills will expand the economy meaningfully
– GOP claims of middle class tax breaks are based on budget gimmicks, since individual tax cuts expire after 2025 to keep the deficit under $1.5 trillion. The GOP can’t have it both ways. Extending the middle-class tax breaks will increase the deficit by up to $2 trillion.
Bloating the national debt through budget gimmicks without growing the economy is a recipe for financial crisis that the GOP has served us before.
A crucial committee vote is scheduled for Tuesday, followed by a floor vote on Thursday. Our country and ordinary Americans deserve better!
CALL NOW to . . .
STOP the RUSH!
**ACTION 1: CALL YOUR SENATORS **
(Leave a message if you can’t get through.)
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling about the Trump/GOP Tax Scam. The GOP is rushing to pass its tax plan before its unpopularity sinks it. Please use every available procedural tool to slow the process down and “stop the rush” so opposition has a chance to kill this bill. Thank you.”
**ACTION 2: SHARE WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY**
Share this post with friends and family, especially those in these KEY STATES with GOP senators who have expressed concerns about the bill – Arizona (Flake and McCain), Maine (Collins), Alaska (Murkowski), Tennessee (Corker), Wisconsin (Johnson), Oklahoma (Lankford). Help them call their Members of Congress
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
TODAY IS THE DAY TO JOIN US at the Old County Courthouse, 10 S. Oakdale in Medford at noon! Today the entire Indivisible national network will be showing up together to say that the #TrumpTaxScam would hurt our friends, our families and our country—and we’re not letting that happen without a fight.
Today and tomorrow: OR Senator Alan DeBoer is holding town halls about this past summer’s fires – because he is starting to hear from pro-logging politicians and lobbying interests in the Oregon Fire Caucus.
DeBoer needs to hear from people who will:
- hold him accountable to take strong action on climate change and clean energy
- demand a science-based strategy to managed forests instead of using timber industry rhetoric to push for more logging after fire!
Monday, November 27, 6 to 8 p.m. RCC/SOU Higher Education Center – 101 South Bartlett Road, Medford
Tuesday, November 28, 6 to 8 p.m. Rogue Valley Unitarian Universalist Fellowship – 87 4th Street, Ashland