DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED: 50
DAYS UNTIL MID-TERM BALLOTS ARE DUE: 70
BRETT KAVANAUGH CANNOT BE ALLOWED
TO SIT ON THE SUPREME COURT
If there were ever a doubt about Trump’s illegitimacy, it was erased when Cohen pled guilty, swearing under oath that Trump directed him to commit felonies to increase Trump’s election chances. An unindicted co-conspirator president must not be allowed to nominate a Supreme Court justice.
Even before Cohen and Manafort joined the long list of convicted criminals associated with Trump, Brett Kavanaugh was extremely unpopular. He’s the least popular SCOTUS nominee in decades – down at the bottom with failed nominees Harriet Miers and Robert Bork. And for good reason.
Kavanaugh’s stance on key issues is out of step with Americans’ values. He:
- Opposes the ACA, which 54% of Americans support
- Opposes Roe v. Wade, which 64% support
- Opposes making voting easy, which 59% support
- Believes the President has almost unlimited executive power, including right to self-pardon, which 85% oppose
- Opposes environmental protections, which 62% support
- Opposes the assault weapons ban and other reasonable gun safety laws, which 80% support
The Senate must NOT confirm a SCOTUS Justice who rejects our values, whose full record has been concealed, and who was nominated by an illegitimate, criminal president.
**ACTION ONE: ELECT A NEW CONGRESS**
Learn how to defend vulnerable Democratic Senators and which red seats could be flipped, and make a commitment to donate to campaigns. Then:
- Come to the ORD2 Indivisible Social Hour today at Common Block Brewing Company in Medford from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Hear about our latest successes (“Where’s Walden?” Caravan) and get additional motivation as we focus our efforts to Get Out The Vote!
- Attend the Jamie McLeod-Skinner / Greg Walden debate on Friday at the RCC/SOU Higher Education Center in Medford with moderator Craig Smullen of KOBI 5. Greg has been invited but will he show up? Will this be yet another case of “Where’s Walden?”
- Watch and share Jamie McLeod-Skinner’s video on YouTube:
- Visit Jamie’s website to learn more and keep up to date:
- Make sure you and everyone you know is registered to vote: iwillvote.com
- Help take back the Senate and adopt a vulnerable blue senator in a red state. Do something every month to help their election. roadto2018.com
- Make a plan for the last weekend of midterms: thelastweekend.org
- Check out this new resource from Pod Save America: Vote Save America https://votesaveamerica.com/
**ACTION TWO: CONTACT YOUR NETWORK IN MAINE, ALASKA, WEST VIRGINIA, NORTH DAKOTA, INDIANA, AND MISSOURI TO STOP KAVANAUGH’S NOMINATION**
Make a list of former classmates, members of professional groups, fraternity brothers and sorority sisters, people on your holiday cards list, former neighbors, and anyone else who share your values and is represented by Senators Collins (ME), Murkowski (AK), Manchin (WV), Heitkamp (ND), Donnelly (IN), or McCaskill (MO). Then urge each of them to call their Senators and instruct them to oppose Kavanaugh’s nomination and prevent him from being confirmed.
**ACTION THREE: CALL OUR SENATORS**
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent and voter from [city], Oregon [zip code]. I am calling to thank Senator [*] for his continued opposition to the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh. Please tell him to (1) urge his Democratic colleagues on the Judiciary Committee to boycott the Kavanaugh hearings (thereby preventing the quorum necessary to conduct business), (2) to boycott any floor vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination, and (3) to withhold unanimous consent on Senate business unless all Kavanaugh’s documents are produced and the Mueller investigation clears Trump. Thank you.”
SENATOR RON WYDEN
Portland: (503) 326-7525, DC: (202) 224-5244
Salem: (503) 589-4555, Eugene: (541) 431-0229
Medford: (541) 858-5122, Bend: (541) 330-9142
La Grande: (541) 960-7691
SENATOR JEFF MERKLEY
Portland: (503) 326-3386, DC: (202) 224-3753
Salem: (503) 362-8102, Eugene: (541) 465-6750
Medford: (541) 608-9102, Bend: (541) 318-1298
Pendleton: (541) 278-1129