Trump’s “America First” budget proposal debuted yesterday. Despite its title, the budget seems to TARGET Americans, by eliminating and severely cutting federal agencies and popular programs and putting that money into defense.It would gut the state department, environmental protection, cut funding for scientific research and programs that impoverished people rely on for food, heat, and other vital services.
Good News! Congress is already balking. Let’s push them to rebellion!
– National Endowment for the Arts
– Climate-change prevention programs, including pledged payments to U.N. climate-change programs
– International climage-change progrms
– Corporation for Public Broadcasting
– Institute of Museum and Library Sciences
– Senior Community Service Employment Program, which helps low-income seniors find work
SIGNIFICANTLY CUTS funding:
-“Super Fund” environmental cleanup program
– Office of Science
– $2.6 Billion to build “the wall”
– Department of Defense +52 billion
– $80 million to adjudicate immigrant removal proceedings, fund more attorneys
– $200 million to create NEW private-school choice program
We need them to push back hard to truly put Americans first!
—————————————————————————————— **CALL TO ACTION: CALL REPRESENTATIVE GREG WALDEN
“My name is [–] and I’m a constituent from [city], Oregon. President Trump’s new budget cuts funding for many institutions and programs that American citizens rely on, all for an amped-up defense budget. Will Rep. Walden commit to voting NO on this budget and using every tool possible to avoid irreversible damage to critical federal agencies and federally funded programs? I know he has supported Mr. Trump’s agenda up to this point, but this destructive budget proposal is really beyond the pale! I expect Rep. Walden to step up and put country ahead of party!” ——————————————————————————————